Digital Marketing Manager
- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Communications
- Location: 700 W. Virginia St., Suite 301, Milwaukee, WI 53204
Are you a digital marketing guru who is passionate about public policy, free enterprise, objective journalism and civil society? This may be the opportunity for you! The Badger Institute is hiring a Digital Marketing Manager to lead the organization’s comprehensive marketing efforts to educate policymakers, thought leaders and the public on important policy issues and free-market ideas.
We are looking for someone with 3-5 years of digital marketing experience and a passion for promoting ideas, policies and strategies for improving the lives of Wisconsin residents.
The Badger Institute has been a leader in advancing free-market reforms in Wisconsin for more than 30 years. Formerly known as the Wisconsin Policy Research Institute, we helped advance school choice, welfare reform, right-to-work and other historic policy changes in the Badger State. Our growing team currently focuses on a range of issues including criminal justice, licensing, taxes, transportation, workforce and federalism. We also have a bimonthly magazine that takes an in-depth look at policy and cultural issues that affect Wisconsin residents.
The Badger Institute seeks a full-time digital marketing manager to increase the Institute’s owned audience and brand through comprehensive, timely, compelling and effective digital media messaging, email campaigns, earned media, podcast and video content, and targeted issue campaigns.
The digital marketing manager would be in charge of developing strategy and creating content to expand and strengthen owned-audience engagement; increase the quality and frequency of social media outreach; communicate Institute policy priorities to policymakers, thought leaders, donors and residents; and employ podcasts and videos to connect Wisconsinites with our research, reporting, storytelling and commentary.
This is a full-time position in our Milwaukee office.
- Develop and maintain a dynamic, informative website
- Manage Badger Institute email lists and branded email content
- Develop, execute and track strategic social media marketing campaigns across multiple platforms
- Work closely with the development team to ensure supporters have up-to-date information about our activities and successes
- Develop and promote short storytelling videos
- Develop and promote a Badger Institute podcast series
- Communicate with other like-minded organizations to build relationships, brainstorm new ideas and develop coalitions
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of three years of digital marketing experience
- Familiarity with owned-audience development and engagement
- Familiarity with social media algorithms, results tracking, ad processes and analytics
- Awareness of and passion for limited-government, free-market principles
- Ability to write clearly, persuasively
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines
- Good verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic, highly self-motivated with attention to detail and ability to be a team player
- Must be creative and entrepreneurial
- Knowledge of ongoing social and digital media trends
- Willingness to perform all tasks with a positive attitude and contribute to the team by performing miscellaneous tasks as needed
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position with benefits including paid vacation, sick pay and a SEP-IRA retirement plan.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit a résumé and cover letter detailing your interest in this position and the Badger Institute’s mission to email@example.com. Please include “digital marketing manager” in the subject line.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.