See below for a list of current job oppourtunities with the Badger Institute:
Digital Marketing Manager
Milwaukee, WI or Virtual in Wisconsin
About the Organization
The Badger Institute has been a leader in advancing free-market reforms in Wisconsin for more than 30 years. Formerly known as the Wisconsin Policy Research Institute, we helped advance school choice, welfare reform, right-to-work and other historic policy changes in the Badger State. Our growing team currently focuses on a range of issues including criminal justice, licensing, taxes, transportation, workforce and federalism. We also have a biannual magazine that takes an in-depth look at policy and cultural issues that affect Wisconsin residents.
About the Role
Are you a digital marketing guru who is passionate about public policy, free enterprise, objective journalism and civil society? Are you searching for a position with lots of room for creativity and growth within an organization? This may be the opportunity for you! The Badger Institute is hiring a Digital Marketing Manager to lead the organization’s comprehensive marketing efforts to educate policymakers, thought leaders and the public on important policy issues and free-market ideas. We are looking for an individual who can hit the ground running from day one. This position has ample room for growth and promotion; the sky is the limit!
The digital marketing manager will increase the Institute’s owned audience and brand through comprehensive, timely, compelling and effective digital media messaging, email campaigns, earned media, podcast and video content, and targeted issue campaigns.
This person will be in charge of developing strategy and creating content to expand and strengthen owned-audience engagement; increase the quality and frequency of social media outreach; communicate Institute policy priorities to policymakers, thought leaders, donors and residents; and employ podcasts and videos to connect Wisconsinites with our research, reporting, storytelling and commentary. This position reports to the Senior Vice President and is a full-time position. We have a strong preference for an individual to be in the office in Milwaukee. However, for the exceptional candidate, we will consider virtual employees who live in Wisconsin.
- Develop and maintain a dynamic, informative website
- Manage Badger Institute email lists and branded email content
- Develop, execute and track strategic social media marketing campaigns across multiple platforms
- Work closely with the development team to ensure supporters have up-to-date information about our activities and successes
- Develop and promote short storytelling videos
- Develop and promote a Badger Institute podcast series
- Communicate with other like-minded organizations to build relationships, brainstorm new ideas and develop coalitions
- Bachelor’s Degree, minimum of three years of digital marketing experience expected - those with more experience are encouraged to apply as well; salary will be commensurate with experience
- Minimal travel will be expected - approximately 5-10%
- Familiarity with owned-audience development and engagement
- Familiarity with social media algorithms, results tracking, ad processes and analytics
- Awareness of and passion for limited-government, free-market principles
- Ability to write clearly, persuasively
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines
- Good verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic, highly self-motivated with attention to detail and ability to be a team player
- Must be creative and entrepreneurial
- Knowledge of ongoing social and digital media trends
- Willingness to perform all tasks with a positive attitude and contribute to the team by performing miscellaneous tasks as needed
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position with benefits including healthcare benefits, paid vacation, sick pay and a SEP-IRA retirement plan.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file with your name in the file:
- Cover Letter detailing your interest in the position and the Badger Institute’s Mission
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://www.tfaforms.com/4667238
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. They provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.