Thank you for your interest in donating to the Badger Institute!
Your support at any level is important to us. Your generous donation helps the Badger Institute fight every single day to advance free markets, individual liberty, and limited government in Wisconsin. We gratefully accept donations via cash, check, credit card or stock.
Credit Card or PayPal Donation
Join the fight to preserve our freedoms. Give today by clicking the DONATE button below.
Mail a check
700 W. Virginia St. #301
Milwaukee, WI 53204
Donating appreciated stock directly to the Badger Institute is simple, easy, and one of the most tax-smart ways you can give. The Badger Institute does not hold stock donations; rather, we immediately sell the stock for its current value. Thus, your gift makes an immediate impact on the fight for free markets, opportunity, and prosperity in Wisconsin.
Benefits of making a donation via stock:
- Avoid capital gains taxes (which results in a larger donation to the Badger Institute without costing you more)
- Receive an income tax deduction for the full fair-market-value of the stock
- Rebalance your portfolio and eliminate positions that no longer fit your investment strategy
- Help the Badger Institute fight for limited government and freedom in Wisconsin
How a stock gift works:
- Contact your broker and electronically transfer the stock from your account to our account at Fidelity Investments.
- Please contact Angela Smith, Director of Development, at email@example.com or 414-254-6440 to let us know you are making a gift of stock. Please include your name, your phone number, the name of the stock you are giving, the number of shares, and approximate value.
- Contact your broker with the information below to initiate the transfer.
- Account Name: Badger Institute
- Account Number: Z40024212 (nonretirement brokerage account)
- Tax ID (EIN): 39-1592727
- DTC Number: 0226
Attn: TOA Receives
PO Box 770001
Cincinnati, OH 45277-0036
Gift from IRA
Those 70½ or older can use funds from your IRA to make a charitable contribution (known as a Qualified Charitable Distribution or QCD) up to $100,000 per year without tax consequences. Making a QCD from your IRA satisfies the Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) and reduces your taxable income by making a gift directly to a charitable organization from your IRA.
Note: The SECURE Act increased the RMD age from 70½ to 72. The age for a QCD, however, still remains at 70½.
Benefits of making a donation via your IRA:
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to the Badger Institute
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of the Badger Institute
How a QCD gift works:
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to the Badger Institute
- Contact Angela Smith, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-254-6440 to let us know you are making QCD gift
- Please note that IRA qualified charitable distribution gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction
Appreciated non-cash assets—such as publicly traded securities, real estate, or private business interests—held more than one year provide a unique opportunity to leverage your most valuable investments to achieve maximum impact with your charitable giving. Donating appreciated assets (instead of cash) enables you to send less to taxes and more to help the Badger Institute fight for freedom. Contact Angela Smith, Director of Development, at email@example.com or 414-254-6440 to learn more.
Inflection Point: Watch a forward-looking update on the life changing work of the Badger Institute
Become a member
Associate - $100:
Includes subscription to our biannual magazine, Diggings, our e-newsletter and invitations to Badger Institute events.
Friend - $250:
Includes subscription to Diggings, our e-newsletter, printed Badger Institute reports and free admission to two Badger Institute events (annual dinner not included).
Patron - $1,000:
Includes subscription to Diggings, our e-newsletter, printed Badger Institute reports and two tickets to the annual dinner.
President’s Council - $5,000:
Includes Patron benefits plus a lunch or dinner with the Badger Institute president or board chairman.