The Badger Institute is guided by a belief that competitive free markets, limited government, private initiative, and personal responsibility are essential to our way of life. The Institute works to engage and energize Wisconsinites in discussions and timely action on key public policy issues critical to the state’s future, growth, and prosperity. Through original research, analysis, journalism and public opinion polling, the Institute’s work focuses on a variety of state and local government issues that have or could have a significant impact on the quality of life and future of the state.
About the job:
The Development and Events Coordinator is responsible for the following duties:
- Consistently and promptly conduct donor communications and cultivation including introductory, thank-you, and follow-up phone calls, emails and letters.
- “Manage up” to the President and Vice President to ensure prompt follow-up at all giving levels.
- Moves management and data tracking within a donor database (CRM) portal. This will include but not be limited to tracking activities and contact with donors, list segmentation and management, and tracking donation data.
- Coordinate all aspects of fundraising details for large and small-scale events, ensuring they run smoothly, efficiently and generate maximum revenue and attendance.
- Coordinate and support the organization’s senior staff members to prepare them for events, donor visits, and for making asks through providing background materials and research.
- Work with vendors to coordinate in-house and external mailings, collateral printing and marketing materials.
- Track deadlines for grant proposals & reports. Spearhead timelines and communication between Institute staff and grantors.
- Assist with email campaigns and social media content as needed.
- Back up Executive Assistant with postal responsibilities, donation processing, managing mailing lists, reconciliations, and audit.
- Exceptional conversational ability, in person and over the phone.
- Superior organizational and task management skills, and user skills with office software including word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs.
- Experience organizing and managing events. Capacity to handle stressful situations with critical thinking and a calm demeanor.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Must be available to attend events and be present for on-site event coordination.
- Personal belief in free enterprise and limited government.
- Education and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in a business professional, hospitality, or volunteer role
- Some travel (mostly in-state) and some evening/weekend assignments for events as required.
Supervision and Benefits:
- Reports to the Vice President of Development
- FLSA status: Exempt
- This is a full-time position with benefits including health insurance, vacation, sick pay, and a SEP-IRA retirement plan. Salary range is $40,000-$45,000 depending on experience, with room for professional growth over time.
- Position located at the Institute’s headquarters in Milwaukee, WI (not remote)
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Interested applicants should email their resume, along with a short summary of their interest in the position and alignment with the Institute’s mission, to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls or recruiters.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.