- Mandate for Madison
- News & Analysis
- Contact Us
Subscribe for Updates
Get the latest news and updates from Badger Institute.
- In Act 10 fight, unions don’t just want you to pay — they want power
- Legal attack on school choice threatens Public School Open Enrollment
- Government Scrooges take cut of Christmas tree trade
- Entrepreneurial dough: Just what stagnant Wisconsin kneads to rise up
- Dental Therapy: A cure for Wisconsin’s oral care woes
- Years after pandemic, Evers spending ARPA money on soccer and a railroad museum
- Lessons in liberty
- This is not four years ago
An employer handbook
A policy brief from the Tax Foundation and the Badger Institute.
In response to a tight state labor market, our latest report offers strategies for increasing labor force participation. The authors find that increasing the participation rate by just 1 percentage point would increase gross state product by a whopping $667 annually per resident.
How to let Wisconsin’s judges help job-seekers and employers.
The report includes two policy briefs:
► Problems with Wisconsin’s Expungement Law: How the Law is Used and How to Make It More Equitable and Effective
► Sentence Adjustment Petitions: Is this Truth-in-Sentencing Provision Really Working?
(and the real-world stories of Wisconsinites cheated out of their livelihoods)
Research and stories show the need for occupational licensing reform in Wisconsin. Authors include Ike Brannon, Logan Albright, Scott Niederjohn, Mark Schug and Jan Uebelherr.