- Mandate for Madison
- News & Analysis
- Contact Us
Subscribe for Updates
Get the latest news and updates from Badger Institute.
- In Act 10 fight, unions don’t just want you to pay — they want power
- The many problems with Republicans’ latest childcare bill
- Legal attack on school choice threatens Public School Open Enrollment
- Government Scrooges take cut of Christmas tree trade
- Years after pandemic, Evers spending ARPA money on soccer and a railroad museum
- Lessons in liberty
- This is not four years ago
- Billions in federal spending in Wisconsin unaudited; results never measured
Browsing: Government Transparency
Travaux, the authority’s nonprofit arm, has strong ties to Milwaukee city government
Last month, the Wisconsin Department of Revenue released data showing the state’s general fund tax collections for fiscal year (FY) 2019 were up nearly $1.2 billion, or 7.4 percent, from FY 2018, and nearly $703 million higher than anticipated when the state’s FY 2018-19 budget was adopted.
Wisconsin’s deal should be scrapped for reasons far beyond the possible switch from factory jobs to research jobs
New Badger Institute book finds federal grants deprive us of our money, liberty and trust.
It would seem a simple question to ask of any public agency: How much money do you spend and on what?
‘I have to do a lot of paperwork and spend time testing my kids instead of teaching my kids’
Effort to scrap popular Great Lakes Restoration Initiative is a case study in how difficult it is to reduce spending
U.S. education secretary also plans to give them more say over federal school dollars
ESSA could offer opportunities for state to involve districts in decision-making
Grants-in-aid represent more than 1,100 federal aid programs, each with its own rules and regulations.