- Mandate for Madison
- News & Analysis
- Top Picks
- Contact Us
Subscribe for Updates
Get the latest news and updates from Badger Institute.
- Another reason to vote no on MPS’s big $252 million referendum
- Plan to prop up Wisconsin newspapers sets off alarm bells
- New Wisconsin bill directly solves the problem with growing healthcare costs
- Questions arise about legitimacy of plan to give every Wisconsin newborn money for college
- Years after pandemic, Evers spending ARPA money on soccer and a railroad museum
- Lessons in liberty
- This is not four years ago
- Billions in federal spending in Wisconsin unaudited; results never measured
Browsing: State Budget
One of the benefits of having 50 states, our so-called laboratories of democracy, is that we can examine different states’ policies and learn from them.
Allow local districts to count students from their districts attending independent charter schools and then transfer the state and local revenue generated by each pupil to the charter school.
After a first read of Gov. Scott Walker’s recent vetoes, I am reminded of the scene in “Gladiator” in which Joaquin Phoenix takes stock of the Coliseum’s crowd and, eventually, gives into public sentiment and lets Russell Crowe live.